Security and Privacy
Thank you for choosing Xcelerate Auto, LLC. to represent you in finding the best lease rates available. With all information, we provide the appropriate safeguards to ensure security, integrity and privacy.
Authorization to Obtain Credit
By signing the credit application, you are authorizing Xcelerate Auto, LLC. to verify that all of the information provided is true and correct. Xcelerate Auto, LLC. will use this information for the purpose of obtaining credit for vehicle leasing.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SITE
- Information You Provide
As a general rule, you will not be required to provide personally identifiable information as a condition of browsing our Sites. You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our Web Sites, mobile sites and at our Xcelerate-branded location. This information may include but is not limited to your:
- telephone numbers (including mobile)
- email address
- frequent flyer number
- driver's license number and expiration date
- date of birth
- credit card numbers
- user name and password
- membership and corporate ID numbers
- Information Collected and Stored Automatically
As part of the standard operation of our Sites, certain information may be automatically provided to our Web servers by your computer. For each visitor to our Sites, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor’s domain name or IP address (where possible), but not the visitor’s email address. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, Web servers can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, we may collect your browser type and operating system. We collect similar information as part of the standard operation of our mobile site, including mobile device brand and model, mobile operation system and carrier. Except as otherwise explained in this policy, we may combine the information we automatically collect from you (as described above and as described below, under “Cookies & Pixel Tracking”) with your personal information in order to tailor our website and enhance your online experience by saving your preferences and/or to help identify site features, advertisements and offers that may be of interest to you.
Cookies & Pixel Tracking
Cookies are short strings of text sent from a Web server to a Web browser when the browser accesses a Web site or Mobile site. Cookies may be “session-only” or “persistent.” Persistent cookies last for more than one visit and are typically used to allow a visitor to our Web site or Mobile site to personalize their experience.
By adjusting the settings in your browser, you can refuse to accept cookies or give yourself the opportunity to accept or reject cookies, or receive notice of cookies. Refusing cookies may impinge or block altogether your user experience by eliminating personalization or other features.
- Cookies may also be placed by third parties during your visit to the Web site and Mobile site. Our subsidiaries, Affiliates and business partners (including our advertisers) may use these cookies in connection with their use of pixel tags for online preference marketing purposes (discussed below) or to assist us with some of the previously described functions. We do not control these cookies.
HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To assist you with reserving, purchasing and leasing motor vehicles.
- To provide information concerning car sales and fleet services.
- To conduct other transactions that you request.
- To service your account with us, respond to your questions and contact you when necessary.
- To provide you with discounts, coupons, offers and other information and opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. You may receive these offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party sites and media properties, including in social media. You may be able to opt-out of these ads by clicking on an icon in the ad or through the privacy settings in each media property.
- To assist us in providing better products and services (for example, we may contact you by telephone, mail or email to assist us in evaluating the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of product and service received and to help us improve our Web site, facilities and services).
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers’ use of our Web site, products and services, which statistics are only used to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
- To help us to operate, maintain and improve our systems and Sites.
- To allow you to modify or cancel a reservation.
We attempt to retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific policies or as required by law to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes.
WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU MAKE AN INQUIRY. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOUR USE AND/OR CONTINUED USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR MOBILE SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT THAT ALL INFORMATION THAT WE PROCESS MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO OR STORED ON SERVERS AND PROCESSED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY OF YOUR RESIDENCE, INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you to our assignees and affiliates. Our affiliates and our subsidiary employees in our IT, marketing, operations and customer service divisions may use your information, as described in this policy. To update your marketing preferences please see the “CORRECTING OR CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION/CONTACTING ENTERPRISE” section below. We also may disclose this information to third parties:
- when required by law,
- in response to legal process,
- without legal process in response to a request from law enforcement relating to a criminal investigation;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or the public;
- to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain, or
- to enforce the terms of any rental or sales agreement or our website’s terms and conditions;
- to our Affiliates, business partners and/or third parties, subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate, for administrative, technical support or other business purposes as necessary to facilitate our transactions with you, analyze our data, conduct mobile analytics services, or to maintain and improve our services; and
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates or licensee/franchisees located in the country in which you place your reservation in order to process your transaction; and
- to your frequent flyer or other rewards program provider; or
- otherwise with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers including a payment processor to bill you for goods or services, an email provider or media agency to send email and other communications to you on our behalf and the provider of our live chat feature in order to offer you customer service, among others. These service providers may be located in a country different from your country of residence, such as the United States or European Union member country. These service providers are contractually required to maintain the confidentiality and security of your information. However, your information may be accessible to U.S. or EU authorities in accordance with applicable laws.
Xcelerate or its Affiliates may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such transactions, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that Xcelerate or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Web site or Mobile sites for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers with our advertising and marketing partners, and third party media properties, including social media sites to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf. With your prior notice and consent, we may share your name and email address with our co-branded partners and affiliates in order to provide the services you have requested and for marketing purposes. If you wish to stop receiving promotional communications from these third parties, please contact the third party.
We may post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web sites which may contain personally identifiable information. We will obtain your consent via email prior to posting the testimonial. To request the removal of your testimonial, please contact us through one of the methods listed below.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
This Web site is not directed to, and Xcelerate does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 13. We recommend that parents actively participate in their children’s use of the Internet.
CHOICES YOU CAN MAKE ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
We give you a number of choices about the collection, use and distribution of your information. For example, you must affirmatively request to receive email advertisements from us, our Affiliates and/or business partners concerning information about special offers, promotions and new features, products and services. Every Xcelerate email advertisement will provide you with the opportunity to remove yourself from our email list, by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. You may choose to opt back in to our email advertisements at anytime, in which your most recent action will prevail. We will give you an opportunity to opt-out of the gathering of your personally identifiable information, specific uses of your personally identifiable information and any marketing promotions in accordance with the procedures set out in the section below, "Correcting or Changing Your Information."
CORRECTING OR CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION/CONTACTING ENTERPRISE
We are very concerned about the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information we collect and make efforts we deem appropriate to ensure that the information we have is accurate and up-to-date. In addition to the options provided to you in this policy, if you wish to review, amend, correct, update or delete personally identifiable information we have collected about you or limit how we use it contact us at the information provided below. Please also contact us if you have any questions about privacy on our Web site or Mobile site. You may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will attend to your request and make any necessary revisions. If you prefer, country specific contact information is listed below. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated.
We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and try to provide secure transmission of your information from your PC or Mobile Device to our servers. For certain transactions on certain of our Web sites, we may use Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to secure the transfer of information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the Internet. Once we receive your information, we take steps that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect its security, both internally and from outsiders, from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological, physical, administrative and policy methods as well as organizational controls and non-disclosure or confidentiality agreements as we deem appropriate to protect this data.
If you have a user name and password for any of the features on our Web site, you have the responsibility of keeping your password secret. You should not reveal your password to anyone. We will not ask you in an unsolicited telephone call or email for your password. In addition, you should take reasonable precautions when using a computer that is not your own or in a public setting.
CHANGES IN TERMS
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.